- 2 navel oranges
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1Peel and discard all skin and white pith from the oranges then slice the fruit crosswise into thin rounds. Place the slices in a mixing bowl.
- 2In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, agave, orange juice and thyme then drizzle this marinade over the sliced fruit. Toss to coat and set aside for at least 15 minutes. Arrange the sliced oranges on individual serving dishes, drizzle extra marinade over each dish and garnished with blueberries.
- 3The oranges may be eaten immediately, or may be refrigerated in a covered container and marinated for up to 2 days. The flavors marry and intensify with time.